Taking a “break” from formality for the month of July, members of the BPAC gathered at the Independent in Seminole Heights and did a bit of team building as they set an action agenda for themselves over the next 12 months. Fifteen members of the BPAC and 3 guests shared the following:
Some memorable quotes:
- A vision for bicycling in our community: “For folks to mention Tampa, Orlando and Miami as they do Portland, Asheville and Austin today”
- One current reality that could be changed: “to not have my heart skip a beat when my child tells me he rode to Gamestop”
The BPAC then decided that over the next year to work on the following projects:
- A Cyclovia in Spring 2015. (A Cyclovia is a “cycle way” that is either a permanent bike way or a temporary closing to allow bicyclists and pedestrian to enjoy a car-free street.)
- Continuing to sponsor the Annual Children’s Gasparilla Bike Rodeo
- A Bike Friendly business designation
The next BPAC meeting will be held on August 13, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. on the 26th Floor of County Center at 601 E Kennedy Boulevard. Please join us!
For more information, contact Michele Ogilvie.