Learn more about the 2040 Plan & leave your comments!
An update to the Tampa Comprehensive Plan is currently being processed. Findings from extensive public engagement in Imagine 2040 Part 1 and Part 2 were very much in line with Tampa’s current plan and have been used to help develop the update for Tampa. Restructured to be more user-friendly, the new plan features include:
- Standardized format for all jurisdictions
- Easier to read font and landscape orientation
- New future land use matrix
- Streamlined and consolidated content
- Regulatory policies moved to Land Development Code
In other words, we’ve cut out some fat and slimmed down!
|Current Plan||Updated Plan|
|9 chapters||5 sections|
|544 pages||389 pages|
- VISION – Countywide & City of Tampa specific
- PEOPLE – Demographics, population & job projections
- PLACES – Land use, neighborhoods, schools, housing & connecting them
- NATURAL SPACES – Recreation, open spaces, coastal & environmental management
- GOVERNANCE & IMPLEMENTATION – Intergovernmental coordination, Capital Improvement Plan, administration & implementation
The draft plan is available for review and comment online. You are warmly invited to attend upcoming presentations, open house discussions, and public hearings to learn more and comment at:
|June 24 6:00 – 7:30pm||Plan Open House discussion in the Planning Commission Boardroom, County Center, 18th floor|
|July 14 6:00 – 7:30pm||Plan Open House discussion in the Reagan Park Community Center,1200 E Lake Ave|
|July 21 6:00 – 7:30pm||Plan Open House discussion in the Planning Commission Boardroom, County Center, 18th floor|
|August 7 8:00 – 9:30am||Café con Tampa Plan Open House discussion at Hugo’s Restaurant on the corner of South Howard Avenue and Morrison Avenue|
|August 10 2:00 pm||Planning Commission Meeting County Center, 18th floor Boardroom (also on HTV)|
|August 20 9:00 am||Tampa City Council Special Call Meeting (after CRA) Tampa City Hall (also on CTTV)|
Public Hearings will be scheduled in early fall. To schedule a presentation for your group or organization, please contact Tony Garcia at 813.273.3774 x332.