Roadway resurfacing projects today include so much more than just new asphalt and a fresh coat of paint. Resurfacing projects underway like those on 56th Street and Hillsborough Avenue include safety features, travel reliability and mobility enhancements, in addition to a smoother ride. Technology improvements for better signal coordination using an Advanced Traffic Management System have been implemented along the 56th Street corridor. Mobility improvements have included designated bike lanes, sidewalk construction to fill in previous gaps, and better connections for transit service. Raised bumps on the painted lines alert motorists if their car is passing over the solid striped line at the pavement’s edge. From design to implementation, combining multiple creative solutions like these into one project provides a more complete transportation solution.
Upcoming projects similar to these include:
- 40th Street from SR 60 to Hillsborough Avenue (Tampa)
- Boy Scout Blvd from O’Brien St to Dale Mabry Hwy (Westshore)
- Fowler Ave from Nebraska Ave to Bruce B Downs Blvd (North Tampa)
- Hillsborough Ave from Silvermill Dr to Lagoon St (Town N’ Country)
- SR 39 from SR 60 to Charlie Griffin Rd (south of Plant City)
- SR 574 from Valrico Rd to Wheeler Ct (Seffner / Dover)
- SR 60 from 22nd St to 50th St (Ybor / Palm River)
More information and additional projects.
Image courtesy of Davis Islands Civic Association.