A: The Green ARTery
Two phases of the Tampa Walk-Bike Plan have been completed: Phase I identified candidate projects to connect the surrounding neighborhoods to each of the City’s three major business centers (Downtown, Westshore, and USF) and Phase II filled-out a grid of bicycle and pedestrian facilities in Central Tampa and South Tampa.
Phase III of Tampa’s Walk-Bike Plan has two major objectives:
- To work with the Green ARTery community organization, City of Tampa Transportation Division, and City of Tampa Planning Division to refine the Green ARTery “Perimeter Trail” concept
- To complete the coverage of the City by identifying bicycle and pedestrian connectivity opportunities in New Tampa
About 40 people brought their ideas about this trail route to the first interactive workshop held in February. Now it’s your turn to bring your ideas to an upcoming workshop from 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. on:
- March 27 at the Rogers Park Golf Course Clubhouse, 7911 N 30th St in Tampa – focusing on the East Seminole Heights, East Ybor, Hampton Terrace, Rogers Park, and Southeast Seminole Heights neighborhoods
- April 24 at the DeSoto Park Community Center, 2617 Corrine St in Tampa – focusing on Palmetto Beach, Encore, South Seminole Heights, Tampa Heights, and V.M. Ybor neighborhoods
- May 29 at the Seminole Heights Garden Center, 5800 N Central Ave in Tampa – focusing on East Tampa, Historic Ybor, Old Seminole Heights, Ridgewood Park, and Woodland Terrace neighborhoods
For persons in need of special accommodations, please contact Michele Ogilvie at 813.273.3774 x317, or email@example.com, at least three business days prior to the public meeting you wish to attend.