The following interactive tools were developed by the Hillsborough County City-County Planning Commission and the Hillsborough County Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO).
You may also check out our GIS Maps & Data Files, where we have PDF maps, shapefiles and other GIS data.
Coverage area is Hillsborough County, Florida, including the jurisdictions of unincorporated Hillsborough County, City of Tampa, City of Plant City, and City of Temple Terrace.
Please review the system requirements, tips, and disclaimer prior to use.
The Planning Information Map App (PIMA) is an interactive, web-based mapping application geared to planners and citizens for viewing land use, transportation, environmental, and other planning-related map layers and data. It provides the ability to zoom in on areas of interest, search for specific properties, view parcel and land use information, and print maps.
The Land Use Map Viewer is an interactive, web-based mapping application the enables users to view Existing Land Use, Developable Land, and Future Land Use maps side-by-side.
- "Existing Land Use" classifications are determined using the Florida Department of Revenue (DOR) use code for the parcel. DOR use codes are based on zoning or "best and highest use" for the parcel.
- "Developable Land" areas are parcels designated as Agriculture or Vacant in the Existing Land Use map, excluding any portion of the parcel that contains a wetland.
- "Future Land Use" is identified as part of each jurisdiction's Comprehensive Plan, as it affects each Element within the plan through its designations and distribution of land uses. Future Land Use provides a vision for the future possibilities of development in neighborhoods, districts, cities, or any defined planning area.
The Land Use Code Descriptions provides a reference list of Existing and Future land use codes used in the adopted Comprehensive Plan maps for unicorporated Hillsborough County, City of Tampa, City of Plant City, and City of Temple Terrace.
This map is portrays on-road and off-road routes suitable for travel by cyclists of adequate skills and sufficient age to assume the risks.
The MPO and the BPAC disclaim any and all responsibility for the safety, design and construction of the facilities and any negligent, intentional or criminal acts related to them. Travel routes are color-coded based on the identified categories. A route may be considered less suitable for bicycling due to one or more of the following: high traffic volume, high speeds, narrow road width and construction. Bicycle Lane: A portion of the roadway that has been designated by signs and pavement markings exclusively for bicyclists. Paved Shoulder: Additional pavement width of at least 3' that is separated by a solid pavement marking from the outside thru lane to the edge of the pavement to safely accommodate bicyclists.
New and improved in 2016, the TIP mapping tool can be used to view projects to be funded over the next five years. It enables users to see where projects will be located, identify what type of project, who is responsible, and when they will be funded. The tool can also be used to search for project by description or project number.
- You must have an Internet connection (high-speed connection is recommended for best performance).
- Your browser must allow pop-up windows from "http://gis.tpcmaps.org".
- Review the online help documentation to get aquainted with the application and for assistance with specific functions.
- If map layers seem to "hang up" while loading:
- Click the "Refresh" (Internet Explorer) or "Reload" (Firefox, Chrome) button to reload the page.
- Clear your browser cache and/or close your browser, then reload the application.
The Hillsborough County City-County Planning Commission (the “Planning Commission”) makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information shown in text documents, maps, charts, and other materials (collectively, the “data”) produced or reproduced by the this site. However, the Planning Commission makes no warranty or representation, express or implied, as to the use, accuracy, or interpretation of the data accessible at this site. The data is provided for informational purposes only. Before relying on this data, the user should contact the Planning Commission or other appropriate source to review the official records of the organizations, and confirm that the data is current. Our staff will be glad to assist you with obtaining the most current information and answer questions.
REPRODUCTION: This sheet may not be reproduced in part or full for sale to anyone without specific approval of the Hillsborough County City-County Planning Commission.
ACCURACY: It is intended that the accuracy of the map comply with U.S. national map accuracy standards. However, such accuracy is not guaranteed by the Hillsborough County City-County Planning Commission. This map is not a survey. For the most current and/or official data and information, contact the appropriate source organization.
APPROPRIATE USE: This map is for illustrative purposes, and is intended as a tool for long-range planning only. For other uses, contact the appropriate data sources for guidance.