The Hillsborough County Metropolitan Planning Organization is developing preliminary design concepts for themed gateway statements at the I-275/Fowler Ave. and I-275/Busch Blvd. interchanges.
The gateway design concepts will focus on making a creative statement at each interchange that creates themes that communicate a sense of entry and innovation. The concepts will include landscape and hardscape features as well as lighting. The southerly interchange at I-275/Busch Blvd. may develop a theme that introduces Busch Gardens, and the northerly interchange at I-275/Fowler Ave. may focus on introducing the University of South Florida and the medical institutions.
Both interchanges will focus on vertical hardscape features and/or landscape enhancements and will require treatments that will be viewed and enjoyed from the interstate itself and from the roadways passing under the interstate. The drawings shall show the location of proposed landscape/hardscape elements, and shall include basic material schedules.
- brainstorming with Innovation Alliance Board (or their representatives) and Innovation District Master Plan Joint Planning Group Technical Committee
- coordination with FDOT D7 District Design Engineer relating to the Community Aesthetic Features permit, etc.,
- preparing preliminary concepts for each interchange, to include: conceptual site plan, character sketches from different views/angles, inspirational imagery (e.g. materials, colors, finishes, plantings)
- developing an Preliminary Order of Magnitude Cost Estimate
- * Report I-275-Busch-Fowler Gateway Concept Report_06-30-16
- Portal (low bandwidth demand) to I-275 Busch Fowler Gateway Concept Report 06/30/16
Stakeholder Meeting #1
Stakeholder Meeting #2
FDOT meeting Jan 28, 2016
Turnpike Toll Gantry Aesthetic Research
For more information contact Lisa Silva at email@example.com or 813.273.3774 x329.