The Hillsborough County Planning Commission is offering an internship opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students studying urban & regional planning and related disciplines such as, but not limited to, public administration, geography, environmental studies, transportation engineering, and economics.
Term: Summer 2016 (start/end dates are flexible, but may not exceed 3 months)
Compensation: $12/hour (up to 40 hours/ week)
Please send a cover letter stating your interest, resume, unofficial transcript and references to Allison Yeh at firstname.lastname@example.org. Email or call 813-272-5940 with additional questions.
Deadline: To be considered for the position please submit all required documents by April 25th.
Typical Internship Tasks
- Provide support to planners on public outreach and public input for community meetings and other planning commission events (as needed)
- Conduct field work, collect data, and assist planners with projects and studies as assigned.
- Conduct basic office functions as needed, such as data entry, file management, and customer service
- Basic understanding of planning principles
- Competency in various computer software programs, such as Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Internet applications
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Motivated self-starter able to work independently
- Flexibility and desire to work on a variety of planning projects
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Organized and able to work independently