After 42 years in the transit industry, HART CEO Philip Hale is retiring effective May 2, 2014. Philip Hale leaves the agency with a number of accomplishments during his tenure as HART CEO including:
- Record ridership – an almost 7% increase during his tenure
- The launch of MetroRapid – the first of its kind in Florida
- Built up reserves, $2.5 million in annual savings, and expanded service
- OneBusAway Tampa, a real-time arrival and departure information application for HART service
- The agency’s transition to Compressed Natural Gas – first transit agency in Florida
CEO Hale believes he’s “built an excellent team,” and that he’s “comfortable stepping away now.” The MPO bids a fond farewell to an excellent team player with good sense! We’ll miss you, Phil!