The Gulf Coast Safe Streets Summit (GCSSS) is excited to partner with the Safe Routes National Partnership Conference
The Safe Routes to School (SRTS) National Partnership is now accepting program proposals for the 6th Safe Routes to School Conference, which will be jointly held with the Gulf Coast Safe Streets Summit, in Tampa, Florida from November 12-14, 2019. SRTS is seeking proposals for panels, presentations, hands-on workshops or trainings, round table discussions, and other formats to be included in one of the following program themes:
- What’s Next for Safe Routes to School and Active Transportation?
- Context Matters: Safe Routes to School in YOUR Community
- Funding and Sustainability: Keep your Program Walking and Rolling
- Safe Routes Everywhere
SRTS Proposals are due by February 22, 2019. Visit their website for more information about the program themes and application.
The 2019 Summit Basics:
The Gulf Coast Safe Streets Summit is a collaborative effort of the Hernando/Citrus, Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, and Sarasota/Manatee Metropolitan Planning Organizations, the Polk County Transportation Planning Organization, the Florida Department of Transportation, the USF Center for Urban Transportation Research, and Walk Bike Tampa. This partnership provides a regional approach to prioritize the Complete Streets initiative throughout the local jurisdictions along the Gulf Coast of Florida.
- View the 2019 flyer
- Earn AICP Certification Maintenance credits (pending)!
- Date: November 14, 2019 from 2:00 am-8:00 pm — including Reception & Awards at 5:00 pm.
- Location: Hilton Tampa Hilton Downtown -Palma Ceia Rooms, 211 N. Tampa Street, Tampa 33602. Reception will follow in the Bayshore rooms. be held at Franklin Manor, 912 N Franklin St, Tampa 33602.
- Registration: TDB. The registration fee helps cover meeting expenses. Our goal is for the Summit to be open to all, so please contact us at WestW@plancom.org if the fee is a challenge for you.
- Sponsorships: Please contact Lisa Silva firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: Please use: #GCSafeStreetsSummit
Why Hold The Summit?
This is West Central Florida’s preeminent educational event aimed at encouraging the implementation of Complete Streets that are safe and accessible for all. As we work to elevate our individual efforts, cohesive linkages across to sister counties will lead to regionally significant transportation facilities and safety programs for all modes of transportation and for all ages and abilities.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone in the region who wants to help create healthier and safer communities should come hear energizing and informed speakers, engage with public officials, and mingle with community partners.
Additional Summit Information:
Hotels (on Tampa Downtown Partnership website)
Thank you to all who participated in the first-ever Gulf Coast Safe Streets Summit last year in February 2018!
2018 Presentation slides:
- Opening Address – Leah Shahum, Vision Zero Network
- Session 1 – Mayors Panel “Making it Happen”
- Keynote Address – Ryan Gravel, Sixpitch
- Session 2 – Advocates Panel “Carrying the Torch”
- Session 3 – Secretaries Panel “A Target of Zero”
- Awards Ceremony
Check out pictures from the Summit. There are more to come and please upload any you took as well!