Thank you to all who participated in the first-ever Gulf Coast Safe Streets Summit!
*NEW* Please take the Summit Evaluation Survey!
- Opening Address – Leah Shahum, Vision Zero Network
- Session 1 – Mayors Panel “Making it Happen”
- Keynote Address – Ryan Gravel, Sixpitch
- Session 2 – Advocates Panel “Carrying the Torch”
- Session 3 – Secretaries Panel “A Target of Zero”
- Awards Ceremony
Check out pictures from the Summit. There are more to come and please upload any you took as well!
- View the FULL PROGRAM – View the flyer
- NEW!! Earn 5.5 AICP Certification Maintenance credits!
- Date: February 27, 2018 from 8:30 am-6:30 pm — including an optional Downtown Riverwalk ride/walk at 8:30 am and Reception & Awards at 5:00 pm.
- Location: Glazer Children’s Museum, 110 W. Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa 33602. Reception will be held at Franklin Manor, 912 N Franklin St, Tampa 33602.
- Registration: Advance registration is now closed. A limited number of seats will be available at the door for $75; checks only please. The registration fee helps cover meeting expenses. Our goal is for the Summit to be open to all, so please contact us at WestW@plancom.org if the fee is a challenge for you.
- Sponsorships: SOLD OUT – Thank you to all who were interested in sponsorship!
- Social Media: Please use: #GCSafeStreetsSummit
Why Hold The Summit?
This is West Central Florida’s preeminent educational event aimed at encouraging the implementation of Complete Streets that are safe and accessible for all. As we work to elevate our individual efforts, cohesive linkages across to sister counties will lead to regionally significant transportation facilities and safety programs for all modes of transportation and for all ages and abilities.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone in the region who wants to help create healthier and safer communities should come hear energizing and informed speakers, engage with public officials, and mingle with community partners.
Additional Summit Information:
Hotels (on Tampa Downtown Partnership website)
The Gulf Coast Safe Streets Summit is a collaborative effort of the Hernando/Citrus, Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, and Sarasota/Manatee Metropolitan Planning Organizations, the Polk County Transportation Planning Organization, the Florida Department of Transportation, the USF Center for Urban Transportation Research, and Walk Bike Tampa. This partnership provides a regional approach to prioritize the Complete Streets initiative throughout the local jurisdictions along the Gulf Coast of Florida.