The Gulf Coast Safe Streets Summit (GCSSS) is excited to partner with the Safe Routes National Partnership Conference!
The 2019 Safe Routes National Partnership Conference and 2019 Gulf Coast Safe Street Summit will be jointly held at the Hilton Tampa Downtown from November 12-14, 2019. Be sure to save the date for both fabulous opportunities to join hundreds of active transportation and public health advocates and practitioners from across the country for valuable networking, sharing best practices, and exploring one of Florida’s most vibrant and active cities.
FDOT is the presenting sponsor of the conference, and the Hillsborough MPO is excited to be the local host and partner for this event! “We look forward to exploring approaches that create safe roads for everyone, together, “ said Lisa K. Silva, Hillsborough MPO’s point of contact for both events.
The Safe Routes National Partnership Conference will include exciting keynote speakers, panels, presentations, hands-on workshops, and roudtable discussions; more information here.
2019 Gulf Coast Safe Streets Summit Details
The Gulf Coast Safe Streets Summit is a collaborative effort of the Hernando/Citrus, Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, and Sarasota/Manatee Metropolitan Planning Organizations, the Polk County Transportation Planning Organization, the Florida Department of Transportation, the USF Center for Urban Transportation Research, and Walk Bike Tampa. This partnership provides a regional approach to prioritize the Complete Streets initiative throughout the local jurisdictions along the Gulf Coast of Florida.
- Date: November 14, 2019 from 2:00 am-8:00 pm — including Reception & Awards at 5:00 pm.
- Location: Hilton Tampa Hilton Downtown -Palma Ceia Rooms, 211 N. Tampa Street, Tampa 33602. Reception will follow in the Hilton’s Bayshore rooms.
- Registration: $50, available as a separate item for purchase on the Safe Routes Partnership Conference registration site. The registration fee helps cover meeting expenses. Our goal is for the Summit to be open to all, so please contact us if the fee is a challenge for you.
- Sponsorships: Please contact Lisa Silva.
- Social Media: Please use: #GCSafeStreetsSummit
- AICP certification maintenance credits pending
Why Hold The Summit?
This is West Central Florida’s preeminent educational event aimed at encouraging the implementation of Complete Streets that are safe and accessible for all. As we work to elevate our individual efforts, cohesive linkages across to sister counties will lead to regionally significant transportation facilities and safety programs for all modes of transportation and for all ages and abilities.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone in the region who wants to help create healthier and safer communities should come hear energizing and informed speakers, engage with public officials, and mingle with community partners.
Additional Summit Information:
Hotels (on Tampa Downtown Partnership website)
Parking. Several garages and maps are available and can be found on the City of Tampa Parking Garage and Lot Map
Bicycling. Bicycle racks are provided around Downtown. Ride your own bike or try Coast Bike Share.
Water Taxi. If traveling within the downtown area, check out the Pirate Water Taxi
Downtowner. A FREE, on-demand ride service using six-passenger electric vehicles.
2018 Gulf Coast Safe Streets Summit
Thank you to all who participated in the first-ever Gulf Coast Safe Streets Summit in February 2018!
- Opening Address – Leah Shahum, Vision Zero Network
- Session 1 – Mayors Panel “Making it Happen”
- Keynote Address – Ryan Gravel, Sixpitch
- Session 2 – Advocates Panel “Carrying the Torch”
- Session 3 – Secretaries Panel “A Target of Zero”
- Awards Ceremony
Also check out pictures from the Summit. Please upload any you took as well!