The Tampa Downtown Partnership’s Tampa BayCycle, the SPOKESpeople for all things cycling, will provide free bike safety classes in conjunction with the forthcoming launch of Coast Bike Share. In partnership with the City of Tampa, Tampa BayCycle will hold classes in November, with more classes to be added throughout the city in upcoming months.
A certified instructor will walk class participants through the basic “Top 10” tips on bike safety in an informal classroom style setting. Each participant will receive safety gear, such as a helmet, light set, or vest. The one-hour classes are free and open to the public, and begin at 6:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted for the remaining scheduled classes:
- Monday, November 10 – Kate Jackson Community Center (821 S Rome Ave)
- Wednesday, November 12, 12:00 noon – Kahwa Coffee Café (400 N Ashley Dr)
- Wednesday, November 12 – Dr Martin Luther King, Jr Recreation Complex (2200 N Oregon Ave)
- Monday, November 17 – Desoto Park Playground Activity Complex (2617 Corrine St)
- Tuesday, November 18 – Sandra Freedman Tennis Complex (59 Columbia Dr)
- Thursday, November 20 – Duckweed Urban Grocery (803 N Tampa St)