Allison Marron, a Community Engagement Coordinator working for the Florida Department of Health in the Hillsborough County Office of Health Equity, will be one of the featured speakers at the Planning Commission’s Info BBQ (Brown Bag Quarterly). Please bring your own lunch and join us on November 10 from noon – 1:00 p.m. for her presentation on HiAP – Health in All Policies – A collaborative approach to improving the health of all people by incorporating health considerations into decision-making across sectors and policy areas. HiAP demonstrates health in policy’s:
- Relationship to social determinants and equity
- Historical and current context
- Intersection with built environment and health activities
- Relationship with Health Impact Assessments
- Alignment with the State Health Improvement Plan
- Benefits to the community
This public event is FREE. Please BYO brown bag lunch!
Space is limited, so please RSVP to email@example.com or 813/273-3774 x314
The Planning Commission Info BBQ series will continue each quarter
with new topics of local planning interest at various locations in Tampa,
Temple Terrace, Plant City and unincorporated Hillsborough County.