The Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas County MPOs have been working together to address the longer-distance mobility needs of the transportation disadvantaged in our large metropolitan area. Three workshops were held in each county, where a survey was distributed. The survey was also made available on multiple websites and via email distribution.
On January 16, the Transportation Disadvantaged (TD) Boards of the three counties came together to discuss the next steps. Local non-profit groups that provide transportation services using federal grants also participated, making for a fairly packed meeting room!
Top needs of the transportation disadvantaged community were discussed as:
- Access to social activities and other destination to improve quality of life
- More regional transit crossing county lines
- Expanding fixed route services to new areas and times of day
- Focus investment on rail and bus transit
- Connections to Hillsborough County’s major destinations
For more information, contact Michele Ogilvie by email or phone at 813.273.3774 x317.