We are committed to meaningful public engagement throughout the planning process. Early and active participation means greater influence over how millions of public dollars get spent in our communities. This is your opportunity to invest in the future of the Tampa Bay region, your hometown right down to your own neighborhood.
Sign up to Be Involved
Sign up Choose to receive our newsletter, event notifications and invitations, surveys, project information, MPO agendas, and more.
Follow us on Twitter
Follow Plan Hillsborough on Twitter
Follow the Planning Commission on Twitter
Follow the Metropolitan Planning Organization on Twitter
Find us on Facebook
Find the Planning Commission on Facebook
Find the Metropolitan Planning Organization on Facebook
Find Vision Zero Hillsborough on Facebook
Find the Independent Oversight Committee on Facebook
Watch us on YouTube
Watch Plan Hillsborough on YouTube
Watch the Metropolitan Planning Organization on YouTube
Join the Conversation:
Web & Social Media Purpose & Guidelines
Information and conversation – Please be aware that our web and social media sites are created as alternative ways to provide convenient access to relevant planning information, to boost awareness of upcoming public meetings or events and planning products, and for you to be able to easily share this information and/or express your feedback and ideas. In accordance with the Sunshine Law, these sites are not intended for board members or their committee members to discuss topics on which they may be asked to vote in the future. These sites are intended to better serve you.
Fair and square – Shared posts, external links and articles of interest from other sources are provided for informational and educational purposes without any endorsement or profit to this agency or those employed within.
Respect and courtesy – A good conversation requires consideration for each other. So, please be polite and treat everyone who you refer to with respect, including elected and appointed officials, our partner agencies and staff, and other members of the public. We won’t tolerate attacks, and we’ll definitely remove any content that advocates or encourages expressions of violence, bigotry, racism, or hatred.
Constructive and creative – We can’t change the past, but, together, we can build a thriving future. We warmly welcome your ideas and feedback, especially when focused on improving the economic opportunities and quality of life in our region.
Subject to change – As social media and web technologies are fast-evolving, this policy statement is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose. Questions or concerns regarding their use or this policy should be addressed to the agency’s public relations strategist at email@example.com
Everyone is invited – We are here to serve our entire community and do not discriminate. All public engagement, including meetings, services and programs, as well as web and social media opportunities, are executed without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or family status. If you feel you are unable to participate or access information in any way, shape or form, please contact our public engagement specialist via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813/547-3342. We will make every effort to assure you are as involved in the planning process as you would like to be.
For the record – You must remember that as a government agency, we are subject to public record laws of the state of Florida. Though we are not responsible for any material posted by other participants, any comments received by us – whether in person or via mail, email, web site, social media (facebook, twitter, YouTube, Vimeo) become a public record and will be maintained in accordance with state and federal public records laws.
Better safe than sorry – We review all comments and reserve the right to remove inappropriate messages posted on any web-based media. So…
Keep it clean – All posts will be free of profanity and obscenity. We want everyone to feel comfortable reading or participating in the conversation.
Don’t misinform or mislead – We will remove any comments that make obviously false or unsubstantiated allegations.
No sales and marketing – This isn’t the place to market your business or sell your services.
Spam-free zone – We welcome all legitimate comments, but we don’t want anyone to overwhelm the conversation by hammering repeat messages or dragging topics completely off-course.
Don’t break the law –
Illegal content or behavior is not allowed. Don’t link or post any copyrighted or pornographic material, and don’t engage in behaviors like harassment, impersonation, intimidation, or abuse.
Recent Newsletters & Announcements
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 23
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 22
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 21
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Hillsborough MPO ‘Garden Steps’ initiative recognized as runner up in National Healthiest Cities & Counties Challenge
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 20
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 19
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 18
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 17
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 16
- Planning Commission announces 36th Annual Planning & Design Award Winners
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 15
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 14
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 13
- 36th Annual Planning & Design Awards Call for Entries – Early Bird Entry deadline August 1
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 12
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 11
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 10
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 9
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 8
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 7
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 6
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 5
- FDOT Work Program funds many Hillsborough MPO priorities
- Planning Commission announces 35th Annual Planning & Design Award Winners
- Connections to Tomorrow News | issue 4
View our Newsletter Archive
Prior to July 2017 we produced multiple agency newsletters.