The It’s TIME Hillsborough 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) was approved by the MPO Board at a Public Hearing held on November 5, 2019, after a few adjustments to the draft Plan. The Long Range Transportation Plan directs federal and state dollars towards transportation investments we value in our community. It looks out at least 20 years and must be updated every five years. The adopted Plan can be viewed or downloaded here:
- 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan
- Executive Summary: 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan (ADA/508 compliant)
- 2045 Plan de Transporte de Largo Alcance (Spanish Language Text Version)
- 2045 Cost Feasible Plan 11×17 Map of Road & Highway Projects
How was the Public Involved in the Plan?
Phase 2 – 2019
- It’s TIME Hillsborough – Summary of Public Outreach Phase 2 for 2045 LRTP
- It’s TIME Hillsborough – Poster: See how we increased equitable representation and set a new MetroQuest record for similar surveys conducted in the United States.
Phase 1 – 2018
- It’s TIME Tampa Bay -Tri-County Vision & Survey Results Pamphlet
- It’s TIME Tampa Bay – Summary of Public Outreach Phase 1 for 2045 LRTP: See how we collaborated with our neighbors in Pinellas and Pasco Counties to seek feedback on three long-range visions of future growth and transportation improvements across the tri-county area.
- It’s TIME Tampa Bay – Comments from Hillsborough County Participants
Besides public input, what else is considered when updating the LRTP?
2045 Long Range Growth Forecasts (Socioeconomic Data): The Hillsborough County Planning Commission and Metropolitan Planning Organization both require population, employment and other demographic and scenario-based projection data to the year 2045 to facilitate their state and federally mandated work efforts. In addition to supporting the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Model development, the data also supports the missions of other agencies including the Hillsborough County School Board, HART, Fire/EMS, Parks and Recreation, and Utilities.
State of the System Report: Federal rules now require performance measures as a check and balance that proposed transportation plans and projects are helping to reach goals established by the community. The Hillsborough MPO has documented the performance of the transportation system for a number of challenging goals, even going beyond those identified nationally. The performance areas include: State of Good Repair & Resilience,Vision Zero, Smart Cities, Real choices When Not Driving, and Major Projects.
Supplemental technical reports supporting the Plan are also available, providing background information on what went into the Plan, including Needs Assessments covering five major investment programs:
- Good Repair Tech. Memo.
- Resilient Tampa Bay Report
- Vision Zero & Smart Cities Tech. Memo.
- Real Choices Tech. Memo.
- Major Investments for Economic Growth Tech. Memo
Funding Technical Memorandum: The Plan is based on a forecast of funding from existing federal, state, and county sources as well as potential revenue sources. This technical memorandum describes the revenue sources that are reasonably expected to be available for use in developing the 2045 Cost Feasible Plan. Additional details are available in subsections of this report.
Cost Feasibility Technical Memorandum: This document provides the methodology used for determining the Plan’s cost feasibility and consists of two major sections: 1) cost feasible plan development, illustrating the process of allocating available future revenues, and 2) future investment programs, presenting the allocation results by Investment Program.
Environmental Consultation Workshop Report: The Plan is required to consider potential environmental mitigation activities, ways in which environmental impact from transportation projects can be avoided, minimized, or mitigated. In June 2019, the Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, and Hernando/Citrus MPOs held a regional workshop to discuss with Federal, State, and Tribal wildlife, land management and regulatory agencies potential environmental mitigation strategies to include as a part of their plans.